Thursday, December 23, 2010

GLOBAL PRAYER INITIATIVE OF HAITIAN CHURCHES

PRAY FOR HAITI DAILY DEVOTION DAY 21
GLOBAL PRAYER INITIATIVE OF HAITIAN CHURCHES
Theme Verse 2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

We are at the halfway point of our 40 Days of Prayer for Haiti. In the first half we have been praying for our spiritual growth and development. This corresponds with the first part of 2Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin. This preparation was necessary so that we can pray effectively for the needs of Haiti and its people. A good illustration of that is when the flight attendant on an airplane gives the instructions about securing your oxygen masks if the cabin were to lose pressure. They instruct us to first secure your own mask on your face and then assist the person next to you. So for the first 20 days we have been securing our own spiritual oxygen masks so that we can be healthy enough to assist Haiti in becoming healthy. Now we will turn our focus of the last portion of that scripture and will heal their land. For the next 20 days we will focus on the specific areas in Haiti that need a concentrated effort of focus praying. We will ask you to do two things for every topic: Pray and Act.
Our first area of focused concentrated prayer is for the Children in the orphanages in Haiti . Children make up 38% of the population (CIA World Factbook demographic statistics). Prior to the January 12th earthquake there were 380,000 children in orphanages. Now untold numbers of innocent children still traumatized from the lost of parents and siblings are left to face life in an orphanage. Many are left to struggle with the questions “why?” and “who”? Why are my mommy and daddy gone? Why I can’t go back home to my house and neighborhood? Why can’t I see my friends anymore? Who will love me like my mommy and daddy did? Who will take care of me? These and many other questions loom in their thoughts. The pain and adjustment process may take years to overcome. However, if the people of God would do two things we can alleviate much of their burdens.
Pray: Ask God to allow the healing process to be healthy process for these traumatized children. Like Joseph who was able to forget the pain of his father’s house, Joseph called the name of the firstborn Manasseh. “For,” he said, “God has made me forget all my hardship and all my father’s house.” (Gen 41:51) Pray and ask God that they would not be scarred by the memories of january 12, 2010.
Act: Encourage and support and Haitian individuals and Haitian Churches in the US and in Haiti to adopt these children and give them a home.


With U4 Him

Mullery Jean-Pierre
Pastor Beraca Baptist Church

No comments:

Post a Comment