Sunday, December 5, 2010

GLOBAL PRAYER INITIATIVE OF HAITIAN CHURCHES

PRAY FOR HAITI DAY 2

GLOBAL PRAYER INITIATIVE OF HAITIAN CHURCHES

Theme Verse 2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

As God’s people, we must not only understand what true repentance is, we must also know how to repent sincerely. Often times our repentance is really regretting getting caught in sin or our conscious bothering for fear of getting caught and not really a sincere heartfelt repentance. You know deep down in your heart that if you could prolong your sinful situation and not get caught you probably would continue in it. Sincere repentance is after you have evaluated yourself you come to the conclusion you that you are wrong, wicked and wasting your time trying to justify your actions. You agree with God that you have sinned and cry out as David did in Psalm 51:1-2 “Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin”. Then you will realize that though you took advantage of people, used people and lied to people for your own personal gain, the bottom line is you sinned against God. “Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight” (Psalm 51:4). As believers, let us examine our repentance to make sure it is a sincere heartfelt repentance as we present ourselves to God.
With U4 Him
Mullery Jean-Pierre
Pastor, Beraca Baptist Church


EVANGELICAL CRUSADE (557 East 31st Street Brooklyn NY) WILL CONDUCT PRAYER MEETINGS FROM 6 AM TO 2 PM FOR THE NEXT 40 DAYS.
PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW YOUR CHURCH IS PARTICIPATING IN THIS EVENT AND WE WILL POST IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment