Friday, December 31, 2010

Healing our land starts with believers not neglecting the poor


PRAY FOR HAITI DAY 28
GLOBAL PRAYER INITIATIVE OF HAITIAN CHURCHES

Theme Verse 2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.


Healing our land starts with believers not neglecting the poor. Jesus Christ loves and ministers to the poor people. He said the poor will always be among you. There aethree things we display when we neglect the Poor: 1) To neglect the poor is to Christ. Matt 25:42-45. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ 44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ 45 “He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ According to this verse when we neglect those who are hungry and thirsty you are neglecting Christ himself. Haiti have an over abundance of hungry and thirsty people. You can go right in to the capitol of that nation and see people who are hungry and thirsty. As soon as you come out of the airport they greet you with their hands extended out begging for food and money. If you ever want to minister to Christ, go to Haiti and serve. Healing our land begins by giving a helping hand to the hungry and thirsty. If we take care of their physical hunger and thirst, they will be open to receive food for their spiritual hunger and thirst.

PRAY: Ask God to help us meet their need for physical and spiritual Hunger and Thirst.

ACT: Get involved in supporting ministries that are already feeding the hungry and thirsty.

Part two Tomorrow

With U4 Him

Mullery Jean-Pierre
Pastor, Beraca Baptist Church

No comments:

Post a Comment