Sunday, December 26, 2010

GLOBAL PRAYER INITIATIVE OF HAITIAN CHURCHES

PRAY FOR HAITI DAILY DEVOTION DAY 24
GLOBAL PRAYER INITIATIVE OF HAITIAN CHURCHES
Theme Verse 2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Jesus loves children and is very concerned about their well being. There are two types of people God said He would avenge; they are widows and orphans (children without parents). When it was normal for Rabbis to shun children, Jesus welcomed them and embraced them. He used children to illustrates how we need to become if we are to enter the kingdom of heaven (see Mark 10:13-16). Also, in Mark 9:36-37 it says, He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, 37 “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” Jesus connected treating children kindly by welcoming them in His name with welcoming Jesus himself. When was the last time you made a child feel welcome in your presence. In Haiti, often the rule is; children should be seen and not heard whereas; Jesus demonstrated children should be seen and heard.

PRAY: Ask God to elevate the needs of the children of Haiti and bring it to the forefront of the media so that it may receive proper attention.

ACT: Support organizations that are giving children a voice. Organizations such as Children In Need Haitian Project. Go to www.cinhp.org visit and support their work.

With U4 Him
Mullery Jean-Pierre
Pastor, Beraca Baptist Church

No comments:

Post a Comment