Monday, December 6, 2010

GLOBAL PRAYER INITIATIVE OF HAITIAN CHURCHES

PRAY FOR HAITI DAY 4
GLOBAL PRAYER INITIATIVE OF HAITIAN CHURCHES
Theme Verse 2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

As Haitian churches and believers from every walk of life around the world engage themselves to pray for Haiti, we must go through the cleansing process of repenting from our sins. Isaiah 59:2 but your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear. We need to reconnect with God on a deeper and more intimate level. As a result, our prayer will be heard, our actions will be productive and our efforts will begin to bring positive transformation in the rebuilding of Haiti. As we go through the first 7 Days of the 40 days of prayer talking about repentance, I realize how hypocritical we can be (myself included) when we examine our hearts to confess and repent form our sins. We find ways to justify sins we don’t really want to get rid of. We blame our family lineage (my anger comes from my mother’s side of the family), our nationality (That’s how we did it in Haiti) and our culture (We Haitians like it this way). When it comes to repentance we can’t trust ourselves to do an effective job. That is why we must ask the Lord to help us. Psalm 139-23-24 Search me O God and know my heart try me and know my thoughts see if there be any wicked way in me and lead me in the way everlasting. At some point today, find a quiet place and recite that verse as a prayer. Then sit in silent before the Lord and see what the Lord reveals to you. Whatever it is, thank God for revealing it then repent of it (Turn away from it).


WithU4 Him

Mullery Jean-Pierre
Pastor, Beraca Baptist Church

No comments:

Post a Comment