Wednesday, December 8, 2010

GLOBAL PRAYER INITIATIVE OF HAITIAN CHURCHES

PRAY FOR HAITI DAY 6
GLOBAL PRAYER INITIATIVE OF HAITIAN CHURCHES
Theme Verse 2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

As we continue to focus on repentance, there is an area of our consciousness that becomes aware of when we go beyond the boundaries God sets for us. It triggers a warning that says “you have entered in the forbidden zone.” You feel uneasy, uncomfortable…convicted. David said in
Psalm 51:3 “For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.” He knew when he transgressed ways of the Lord; it was clear in his conscious that he crossed the line into the forbidden zone. Here is what you shouldn’t do when your conscience tells you that you have sinned: 1) don’t try to hide it, 2) Don’t deny your sin, 3) don’t minimize it, 4) don’t confuse remorse or regret with repentance, 5) don’t blame someone else and 6) don’t delay. Take advantage of the opportunity God has given you to repent. Today, as we spend time in prayer, ask the Holy Spirit to show you which one of these 6 you are likely to do, then ask God for the courage to repent. Tomorrow we will look at these 6 things you shouldn’t do in more detail.

With U4 Him

Mullery Jean-Pierre
Pastor, Beraca Baptist Church

No comments:

Post a Comment