Monday, December 13, 2010

GLOBAL PRAYER INITIATIVE OF HAITIAN CHURCHES

PRAY FOR HAITI DAY 9

GLOBAL PRAYER INITIATIVE OF HAITIAN CHURCHES
Theme Verse 2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Our 4th point on what you shouldn’t do when your conscience tells you that you have sinned.
Don’t confuse remorse or regret with repentance. The truth of the matter is that we can feel remorse without ever repenting. Look at Esau who sold his birth right for a bowl of stew (Genesis 27:34). When he realized his birthright was gone and could not be attained, he wept bitterly. He begged his father saying “Haven’t you reserved any blessing for me?” verse 36. He regretted selling his birthright but he did not repent instead he plotted to kill his brother.

Point number 5; Don’t blame someone else. It is easy to blame someone else for our sins. Think of an abusive husband, wife, parent, child, boyfriend or girlfriend. After they have heaped their abuse on their victim and notice the great damage they have caused, they would say “look at what you made me do.” “You caused me to hit you.” “You caused me to curse at you.” They fail to realize that they are the violators and perpetrators. They have sinned, they have transgressed. They must repent!

The 6th and last point is: Don’t delay. So often we like to put off the difficult things we must face. However, like David said in Psalm 51, “For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.” As children of God, our conscious constantly and continuously flashes our sins before us. The Holy Spirit continues to convicts us. He want us to deal with it right away without dely. Every time we push our sins to the back of our mind, the Holy Spirit waits until you least expect it and brings it right back to the front of your mind. He does not want you to delay your repentance. So, repent now.

With U4 Him
Mullery Jean-Pierre
Pastor, Beraca Baptist Church

No comments:

Post a Comment